Friday, December 14, 2012

Christmas capes

Does this ever happen to you.  You see something and then see it again and again.
Yesterday, all signs kept telling me that I needed a Christmas cape.
The drawings of Ingres I found full of allure and charm.
How marvelously modern and timeless is a cape.  Most days, I go from my home, to my car and dash in an out of spots so a cape is the perfect foil for any sort of weather.
Spotted this one in a lovely taupe with black trim over here.
Great worn with a slim trouser or velvet jean.
These lovely ladies all dressed to an outing dressed in linens, lace and a velvet cloak or cape.  Do you have a holiday cape?  I spotted another cape at Victorinox, the Swiss Army shop in a quilted down but was not able to get an image to accompany this post.

8 comments:

Purple Flowers said...

I do have a cape. It is black & white hounds tooth design with black buttons. I love it.
Stop by my blog; I have a soothing and beautiful song for you to hear. It "slows" down the listener, to what's real at this time of year.

Unknown said...

YES! Love it when you keep seeing the same thing...as if you are meant to have or notice it!

You would look so chic in a Christmas cape. Love that taupe one lined with black. That could take you through many seasons!

Happy weekend!
xoxo Elizabeth

Jennifer C. Webb said...

a great look...and those drawings have me wanting to pull out some paper and pencils

Sandy at You May Be Wandering said...

Patricia - Great minds...I have been obsessing over capes lately! I made the mistake of trying one on at Loro Piana recently (a little too pricey) and can't get that one out of my head. I love both of the ones you pictured!

Enjoy your day! xoxoxox

Formerly known as Frau said...

Love the Jcrew one....I hope you get it! Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I love those beautiful drawings. I don't have a holiday cape, but think I may need one!

LindsB said...

Capes are so hot- I love how they look and how they can dress up a plain old pair of jeans!

LPC said...

My mother wears them and loves them.