Monday, April 16, 2012

the quipsters

"Holly regretted not sporting the matching ric-rac jacket to loan to the naked statue."
"Madge felt the stare of the statue gaze upon her wherever she went."
"Shirley had forgotten to wear her watch and she wondered if her friend was fashionably late for the
5 o'clock rendez-vous at the atrium cafe.  Her stomach growled, as she had forgotten to have a proper lunch."


The series of gals were done for a client and never purchased nor used and I found them in a file and thought that they might bring you a smile.  I had great fun creating these gals and the witty remarks, so this shall be a series of what I am naming "the quipsters."

Please feel free to inspire me with any flattery, scene or verbal equivocations for this series.  I must admit that I often love to eaves drop and gather future fodder.

17 comments:

Kwana said...

These ladies look fun. I'd like to see them in a variety of locals.

the gardener's cottage said...

oh i love these patricia. you really could make up so many funny lines to go with these. have a happy monday!

Joyce said...

These gals are styling too much to be kept up on a shelf. How neat if they could become a series, called, friends getting together. Maybe for breakfast, shopping, lunch, tea, in need etc.... xo

Anonymous said...

I love those rick rack skirts, just perfect for summer and what every discerning statue should sport!

I Dream Of said...

Thanks for starting my week off with a giggle, Patricia. Holly, Madge and Shirley couldn't help but think how happy they were to get out for a change, and how glad they were to be dressed for the occasion!
Happy Monday!

Maia said...

So cute! Love this.

BRASWELL said...

These are amazing!+ You are sooo talented.
Thanks for trotting over to the blog and leaving such a sweet comment. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

Acquired Objects said...

I'll leave you all the flattery you would like because you deserve it...love these quipsters!

XX
Debra~

The Buzz Blog said...

What fun - a mixed media post! Will have to think up so quips to send you.
xxoo

Unknown said...

That's really fun to find something you've created and forgotten about.

These chic ladies make for a great series!!!

Here's to a beautiful week!
xoxo Elizabeth

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

I would love for these ladies and you to stop by my home for tea.

julielorusso@gmail.com said...

Love the quipsters. Curious to know what they were originally going to be used for....

Look forward to seeing more.

Pip Spiro (Boydell) said...

Just love these Patricia.... very clever and brings a smile. Would love to see more in the series?! Pip x

Holly Gruszka said...

These are fun! I always like the ones that state the obvious - but of course I can't think of a good example right now.

LPC said...

Karen sighed, "I thought houndstooth would fill more seats..."

Denise said...

These are wonderful! I hope that Holly and Madge aren't upset that they're sporting similar skirts. I'd love to be joining them for lunch or a spot of tea...

Lisa Mende said...

These are great! Made me smile! Thanks for the beautiful note you sent me!