Wednesday, April 18, 2012

flowering dogwood


Seriously, every day I stop, stare and have heart palpitations at the beauty of nature and of the rite of Spring.
 I decided to bring a flowering dogwood cutting inside and capture it's beauty on paper.
Here she is, currently being framed in a simple white frame, perfect in a traditional or modern setting.
Hand-Painted on Arches 140 lb. watercolor paper.


By the way, I have added google adsense to my blog in an effort to raise art supply funds and or maximize revenue.  Now in my 5th year of blogging, I cannot tell a lie, it is work but I love it.
Will you help an artist out? Do me a favor and click on the ads, you may see something you like, want or need.

The winner of the pve design florist shop note cards - Jennifer Webb.
Jennifer has a smashing blog with wonderful artwork, gardening inspiration and ladylike charm including her 2 year old lighting her hair on fire when she went to blow out her birthday candle.
The saving grace, only 2 candles.  Smile.

22 comments:

Mr Paul said...

Very pretty indeed. You capture the dogwood beautifully

The Buzz Blog said...

Can't wait for you to see the new packaging on our diffuser - we had the dogwood blossom and the hydrangea cut out from the original watercolor you did and it's beautiful! Just like this beauty!
xxoo
Carolyn

Claudia Lane said...

just stunning...love it! x

Summer is a Verb said...

Kaaah-lick :)

quintessence said...

How lovely!! Perhaps you should do a set of notecards with spring blooms - I think that would be beautiful and marketable!!

Belle on Heels said...

I just adore dogwood; it's my state tree AND flower! When I was a little girl, I called pink dogwood "kittywood." How weird is that?!

julielorusso@gmail.com said...

Love Dogwood, love your painting of a dogwood! off to click a bit.

Diane said...

I love flowering dogwoods - up close the individual flowers are beautiful in their simplicity; en masse on horizontal branches they appear meditative and peaceful. Your detail of the flowers is lovely.

Amanda C. Bee said...

Simply spectacular! Such incredible detail!

Jennifer C. Webb said...

So excited to win the notecards! Best of all...to be called "ladylike" by the ultimate "lady"

I Dream Of said...

My heart skips a beat with spring beauty ever day, as well. You've captured it so sweetly here. Love your pretty dogwood! XO

Ivy Lane said...

Beautiful painting! There are 2 dogwoods on the path I run on..they are flowering white ...so beautiful!

Acquired Objects said...

Your dogwood paintings are so amazing. Our dogwood has yet to get leaves but looking forward to it waking up.

XX
Debra~

Unknown said...

The town where my grandmother lived was known for its dogwoods...and roses. I still remember driving there in the Spring. So glorious!

Have a wonderful day, full of flowers!
xoxo Elizabeth

Joyce said...

Amazing I can almost smell them. Your photos are wonderful too.
Where is the button? Is this something I just have to click on and you get some $$ for paint brushes? xo

PS Please take lots of photos of the studio event. Pretty please...

Anonymous said...

what beautiful blossom!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Gorgeous....I love the flowering trees in the spring!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, should I stop by tomorrow and hand you these wisteria twigs?

BRASWELL said...

Stunning!+ dogwood always reminds me of my childhood.Thank you. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

Gail, northern California said...

Did you frame the other one too? It appears in the same photo as the dogwood you painted and framed.

pve design said...

Gail,
Both flowers are being framed and are for sale.
pve

LPC said...

Clicking time!