Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tania Vartan

















I have asked my dear husband who works in the adjacent office building to hop next door to pick up a copy of this book signed by Tania Vartan whom I have long admired for her beauty and talent.  I will be at my daughter's first school soccer game today and it is times like these that I wish I could be in both places.

              The event is today- Tania Vartan:  A Memoir of the Decorative Arts  1970 to 2011
Tuesday, September 27th, 2011 
 5:30- 7:00 pm 
Rizzoli Bookstore 
31 West 57th Street.

Allow yourself a few moments to browse the site of Tania Vartan.

9 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

Looks like a beautiful book! I hope your daughter's game goes well. Some days it would be nice to have a clone...especially one that likes housework!!

pve design said...

Frau-
I can't complain one bit. I think I truly got the better end of the stick....I am here for my family, my dog and all the deliveries, etc. I work from home and am not beholden to a train...but yes, a clone or a twin might be nice.
pve

Joyce said...

I can see why you have been a fan! I am in love with her pillows. Her murals are beyond words.

Have fun at the game! Dress warm and bring a thermost of apple cider and a bag of apple donuts (where is it written donuts are for am):) xo

I Dream Of said...

Wouldn't it be a handy trick to be able to be in two places at once? I hope it's sunny afternoon for the soccer game. Have fun!

The French Tangerine said...

Thanks for the link! And enjoy that soccer game!!

Jan

John J. Tackett said...

I love that backdrop! Somewhat Beaton-esque, with great style and a little whimsy!
__ The Devoted Classicist

Britt @ Dreamy Spaces said...

Awww very cool. Always good to get a book signed by the author! Good luck at the soccer game! Hope she has fun!!

Ann said...

Thanks for the info! I can't believe I've never heard of her.

Have you ever seen Pascal Amblard's work? http://www.atelierpascalamblard.com/

Unknown said...

Her work looks divine. Good thing hubbie works next door to pick up the book.

Hope the game goes well!!! :)
xo Elizabeth