Monday, November 08, 2010

have a heart - Visual Vamp Auction


By now everyone must know that our dear friend Cholo is happy to have Valorie (visual- vamp)and Alberto back in New Orleans. ( Alberto was in the hospital in Calgary after a heart attack.) My heart aches for them. For days, I have been worried and wondered how I could help. Blogger -decor to adore jumpled to it and has an on-line auction. I have donated a custom work of art, of your pet. (update -11/9 - 8 am, Bids started at $50 and the latest bid was for $125 - bid by leaving a comment)
Last Summer, I had the pleasure of meeting Valerie and Alberto and they both left a special place in my heart! In fact Valorie left her heart necklace which I had to return. She wore a wonderful red heart~ which she took off when they danced the tango for us in my home.

Let's show our support, opening bid will start at $50 and all donations will be given to Valorie and Alberto. Bids will close in one week.
Blogger's unite and show our support for a friend in need! Please feel free to make a pay-pal donation, on-line at;

18 comments:

Gretchen O. said...

That is just terrible...and you are wonderful to donate such a generous gift. I will have to go today. I hope all works out well. Bloggers unite!

--Gretchen O.

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Very thoughtful of you...Janell

Kalee said...

What a lovely way to help such a fabulous couple.

Loretta Fontaine (EcoHappy Blog) said...

Patricia- A heart necklace, a heart attack... Isn't it poignant how delicate our hearts are?

I will head right over to the auction - thanks for donating your artwork and letting us all know.

Loretta

Loretta Fontaine (EcoHappy Blog) said...

Patricia- I'll place the first bid of $50 for the pet portrait.

Loretta

Decor To Adore said...

From the bottom of my heart thank you so very much for participating.
I went ahead and added you to the linky.
In the future just click on the blue linky button and it is an easy step by step process to join.
May you receive many bids!

Carrie Waller Watercolors said...

You are doing a wonderful thing:) I have been following their saga and what a horrible thing to go through. My thoughts and prayers have been with them.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful gesture. I am so happy to hear they are back where they belong!!! Off to Decor to Adore!

Anonymous said...

How lovely...I would like to bid $60.

xo
Tricia

Anonymous said...

This is such a wonderful donation. We're so happy that they are back in New Orleans.

E+J

North of 25A said...

What a wonderful way to help!

Unknown said...

I am happy he is back home! He had a hard time this year!
I am checking on the bidding!
xx
V.

Unknown said...

I bid $70!

V.

Privet and Holly said...

Hi Patricia!
Imagine my surprise
after JUST seeing you
and the other lovelies
in Woman's Day and
then realizing that
THIS was the lady who
all the auctions are
for! And, I just so
happen to remember the
very post that you write
of, with this cute couple
doing the tango. I will
bid $100 : ) What a
kind thing you are doing,
here.
xx Suzanne

Anna Ferguson said...

Thank you for donating. I will bid $125.

sageabf@mail.com

24 Corners said...

Patricia...this is such a touching and sweetly personal offering. Cholo looks divine! xo J~

traci zeller designs said...

What a wonderful, thoughtful donation, Patricia. I will bid $150!

traci zeller designs said...

Oh my! I was just cleaning out my RSS feeds, and I realized I never checked back on this! Am I the lucky winner? If so, I need to send my money to the fund for Visual Vamp ASAP!