Sunday, November 14, 2010

desire joy

Dedar from Bergdorf Goodman, NY
Did you know that if you desire joy in your life and you postpone that joy it can actually have serious side-affects? Desire can be a tremendous motivator, like a beautiful bright glow that pulls you in.

Jesu, joy of man's desiring

Holy wisdom, love most bright

Drawn by Thee, our souls aspiring

Soar to uncreated light

Word of God, our flesh that fashioned

With the fire of life impassioned

Striving still to truth unknown

Soaring, dying round Thy throne

*goosebumps*

Think about this and really dwell on your deepest desires and resolve to set up a plan in order to achieve joy. It might be a "thing" or a "switch" in your life to bring about -- "goosebumps" or some sort of fire within, waiting to be released.

Last night I had the "joy" of meeting not one but two wonderfully creative women for dinner in New York City. We shared a lovely pot of Fondue! We agreed that our creativity is everything to do with desiring joy.
Desire Joy today~

15 comments:

Tonia Lee Smith said...

Thanks for such uplifting words. Your blog is the first one that I've read this morning and great to be greeted with such warm words.

pve design said...

Tonia,
Thanks for visiting! Hope you are well.
Enjoy this Sunday full of joy.
pve

Bruce Barone said...

So true!

Wishing you a glorious Sunday!

Maria said...

i like what you wrote. have a wonderful Sunday full of joy

http://design-elements-blog.com/

Unknown said...

What a lovely post to start my day!
Your blog is always beautiful, but this was especially nice on a Sunday morning!
xo

Karena said...

Patricia a wonderful reminder and I love you thoughts. Everyday we must see the joy the world has for us!!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

Joyce said...

A wonderful morning post carried over from the sounds of it- a wonderful evening. WOW the creativity at this table must have been awesome!

Hill House Ramblings said...

What a lovely post to read on a Sunday afternoon. So true about desire! I suddenly have an overwhelming urge for fondue.

H.H.

I Dream Of said...

Oh I love this, thanks for the inspiration. I just read this quote from Joan Didion, "Every day is all there is." So true! This week I will use our wedding china for a just-the-two-of-us meal and invite friends over for a "school-night" dinner and not worry about whether or not I can pull it off after a day at the office.

debra @ 5th and state said...

hello dearest patricia

you are so right. and i loved joan dideon's quote, all so true. one must seize the moment, seek what you know what will bring joy and fulfill dreams. not always easy.
my recent post is my going, again, to seize my dream; hand rendering. so when i went to your friends blog what is there? hand rendering! amazing....sometimes our paths are so brightly lit one must follow
xo
debra

Unknown said...

Love the brilliant colors of that comfy corner. Have a joyful Sunday, PVE.

Carrie Waller Watercolors said...

Puts a whole new perspective on things!! I will definitely think of this when I get timid or lazy:)

Unknown said...

Oh joy! Perfect little post!
Hope your week is wonderful!

xoxo Victoria

Dovecote Decor said...

Thank you for the reminder: "Got Joy?"it is such a powerful feeling. I associate it with babies and wonderful meals with my family.
Best,
Liz

Summer is a Verb said...

I try and sing "Oh What a Beautiful Morning" aloud, every day when I open my eyes. Helps to set the tone of the day :)