Monday, October 19, 2009

Park Avenue Potluck Celebrations

From the kitchen of pve design -"Bobby's Crispy Chicken Cutlets"
Kelsey over at The Naptime Chef invited me to join in on the virtual "Park Avenue Potluck Celebration" and she sent me this easy recipe for;

Bobby's Crispy Chicken Cutlets
makes 8 servings

2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2" thick
3/4 cup all-purpose or whole wheat flour
Salt and freshly ground pepper
2 large eggs
2 cups bread crumbs made from 10 ounces country bread, crusts removed
2 teaspoons minced dill or other herb
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
6 tablespoons (3/4) stick unsalted butter ( I used less)
Lemon wedges, ( I used 2 lemons!)

Cut the chicken into strips about 1 inch by 2 inches. Season the flour with sat and pepper to taste and spread over a dinner plate, beat the egg in a shallow bowl. Place the bread crumbs on another plate and mix with dill.

Dust the chicken strips with flour, dip in the egg, then coat with bread crumbs. Arrange them on a platter, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 2 hours.
Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium - high heat until the butter is melted.
Fry the Chicken strips, turning each once, until lightly brown.
Plate and serve, either warm or at room temperature, with lemon wedges.

"My children love Chicken Cutlets and these were so good, the first plate that I served, I went to fetch my camera to take a photo and came back and they were gone! They loved them, especially the addition of the lemon squeezed on top!"

Enjoy these with a salad or some fresh veggies.
Hop on over to see the virtual "Park Avenue Pot Luck Celebration" here. Hope you are inspired to host your very own Pot luck, be it on the avenue or street where you live!
Thanks Kelsey for this easy and tasty recipe and for including me is this Virtual Feast!

20 comments:

Starr said...

I've recently been making "homemade chicken nuggets" at least twice a week. My little guy can't eat wheat, so we just toss chicken strips in a mixture of salt, pepper, & dry polenta. So yummy -- and your photo is making me hungry. I guess it's time for lunch.

Pretty Neat Designs said...

They look and sound delicious!

Debra said...

P~ I just commented to you...on my blog! I guess I need my coffee before I do anything else. I may need to add this cookbook to my collection. The chicken recipe looks very kid...and adult frinedly-and add a good squeeze of lemon-any left-overs?

Purple Flowers said...

I grew up eating chicken cutlets like that. They're also delicious in a sandwich on ciabatta bread or French baguette. I love them!

pve design said...

(Starr) I will tell you a secret -actually I did not use the whole wheat...and they turned out great.
pve

pve design said...

Debra,
The leftovers are in today's 3 lunch bags!
(chicken cutlet sandwiches)
pve

Emily said...

Oh yum! I will have to try this recipe, and soon! Thank you for passing it along!

the NEO-traditionalist said...

Oh I need to make these! I'm not much of a cook, but I have to try---they look too scrumptious.
XX Kate

pve design said...

Emily-
My daughter loved helping me and my sons told us "Faster, Faster!"
enjoy them....
pve

yvonne said...

Wow, those look good. I've been fighting a cold for the past few days and I've had no appetite, but I would definitely eat those!

Joyce said...

My love, loves chicken- I will give this one a try, since the one I do I have to plan the night before. xoxo

Maman de trois petit rois said...

Love the book, great photos & recipes!

Kelsey B. said...

I am so excited that was such a hit in your house!

pve design said...

Kelsey-
Thanks for the recipe and for including me in the virtual pot luck. Everything was delis sans all the calories!
(and nothing to clean up either!)
pve

Karena said...

Mmmm, looks delish! I am getting into the autumn recipes now!

A Gift Wrapped Life said...

Yummy. I'll make it tomorrow Patricia so thanks for helping my menu planning along.

Kwana said...

Now I'm hungry!

Deeba PAB said...

These are just fab. I think my kids would have done just what yours did. How absolutely YUM!!!

Unknown said...

My mother used to make pork (Schnitzel) for us like that, and I love to make them too with chicken. A sure thing with the kids!

I am getting hungry reading it!
Love~Victoria

Milltini said...

What a fun idea! And this looks like a truly yummy recipe!!