Thursday, October 15, 2009

hip mod soul


Jeanine Hays, Aphro Chic Shopper
I have always been in awe of those who have a modern, soulful style about them. I love meeting other women who exude joy and confidence in little ways. Bringing home a little bright bouquet, sporting a bit of velvet, hoops and confident hair that truly says "I am a happy mod soul!" If you have not met this chic gal, please take a look at her new site - I am ordering myself one of these great t-shirts.

The pillows are fun too!
Just the perfect accessory to add a cool hip vibe to my couch.
How do you add a modern soulful style to your day?

14 comments:

Debra said...

In the wee hours of this morning, I was watching Crazy Sexy Cancer- there were great tee shirts with a message- "Make Juice Not War" and "Eat Your Veggies"- a wonderful documentary. I think one of those paired with a velvet jacket would be very hip and soulful.

Shandell's said...

Love the pillows, bright and beautiful.

littlebyrd said...

Love the pillows, love the T. Beautiful!!!

Kwana said...

Thanks for introducing me. She is so hip.

Deidra said...

Now you know I LoVe this! Thanks for the intro...

Swetha said...

cute pillows!! i liked the blue one!

Karena said...

Oh wow, I have changed my style some, still traditional by adding in more jeans with jackets and great scarves jewelry etc. It is so fun. More Artsy!

Maia said...

Ooh, very cool! I love the velvet blazer (and oh to have such fabulous hair ;) with the mod t-shirt. Trés cool. I had an all-white year last year, and by way of fresh inspirataion I am embracing color this fall, so this post hits just the right notes! Thanks!

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

Does dancing to Nina Simon while making dinner count?

Anonymous said...

Adorable! May need both a shirt AND a pillow!

Sanity Fair said...

Ohhhh- this is bad. I did not need to see new pillows. Beautiful new pillows. Pillows I might need...

acommonthread said...

i LOVE those pillows!

Unknown said...

What beautiful pillows, especially the yellow and the blue ones.

And it's the spirit which carries the style, the attitude and something unexpected, like a mod t-shirt. Or that big necklace!
Lovely picture above!

LindsB said...

Those pillows are awesome, I would love the yellow one