Thursday, July 26, 2012

howdy

 Howdy, I am back after a pleasant but long drive.  We drove down to Kentucky to visit family and there is something so wonderful about seeing family, farm land and wide open spaces.
It was hot.  So much hotter than I remember growing up.
Even though this artist painted these images from an aerial perspective - there is such an appreciation for the patchwork of fields and water that make up this land.  

Driving also gives one a chance to meet various people along the way and greet them with a "hey" or a "howdy."  

landscape paintings of kentucky by lynn dunbar

9 comments:

Windlost said...

beautiful paintings....!

I Dream Of said...

Welcome back, Patricia. Glad you enjoyed some time with family. The paintings are beautiful. You can sense the feeling of freedom that comes from wide-open spaces and lots of light...
I'm sure that your also quite glad to be saying "howdy" to home. Happy almost weekend! XO

Diane said...

That is a long drive down there and back! I bet your family really appreciated your effort. Kentucky is a beautiful state -- I enjoyed driving to Lexington when my son was in school there. Always thought it would be fun to do a houseboat vacation on one of the lakes...

Formerly known as Frau said...

I imagine it was glorious drive and visit....I've never been to Kentucky...some day!

JMW said...

Hope you had a great time in Kentucky! Yes, it's been un-godly hot here. I'm ready for a good rain to cool things off and relieve the plants and grass of their thirst.

My Notting Hill said...

That is a long drive but it sounds like there were some nice sights along the way.

kayce hughes said...

love those paintings

the designers muse said...

Beauiful paintings. Thanks for sharing.
Jennifer

Jennifer C. Webb said...

oh, what beautiful paintings...from a unique perspective