Tuesday, May 22, 2012

sunny shops


The sketch I shared with you last week is now complete.
A new J.McLaughlin store will soon open on Martha's Vineyard, Edgartown, MA.
This was the first rough.
You can see that I added more trees, planters and people strolling which added to the overall perspective - bringing one's focus to the shop.  The sun is beckoning in the distance and dappling yellow light on the pavement.  The sun is such a tease as summer-time rolls in.

I have a series of shops and fun perspectives coming up.
Another day of rain but that won't stop me from finding the sunny side of life in my studio!

8 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

Love it....what a difference color can make. Rainy here too....hoping it will help damper my allergies if for a day only. Have a wonderful day!

I Dream Of said...

It's raining here, too, but I'll taking a bit of your studio sunshine with me when I paint today. Love seeing the before/after of your work! XO

Ann said...

It is really is beautiful.
love it ♥

preppylove said...

This just makes me want to go shopping! I love your beautiful drawings!

xoxo

red ticking said...

b r i l l i a n t... and cheery..... xx

Unknown said...

That's the beauty of being an artist. You can make the sun shine whenever you want! Thanks for the before and after too!

Joyce said...

I like the splash of color. xo

MJH Design Arts said...

I always smile when I look at your work--it is so happy and with a sense of humor. Thanks for focusing my day.
Mary