Tuesday, May 22, 2012

sunny shops


The sketch I shared with you last week is now complete.
A new J.McLaughlin store will soon open on Martha's Vineyard, Edgartown, MA.
This was the first rough.
You can see that I added more trees, planters and people strolling which added to the overall perspective - bringing one's focus to the shop.  The sun is beckoning in the distance and dappling yellow light on the pavement.  The sun is such a tease as summer-time rolls in.

I have a series of shops and fun perspectives coming up.
Another day of rain but that won't stop me from finding the sunny side of life in my studio!

9 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

Love it....what a difference color can make. Rainy here too....hoping it will help damper my allergies if for a day only. Have a wonderful day!

I Dream Of said...

It's raining here, too, but I'll taking a bit of your studio sunshine with me when I paint today. Love seeing the before/after of your work! XO

Ann said...

It is really is beautiful.
love it ♥

preppylove said...

This just makes me want to go shopping! I love your beautiful drawings!

xoxo

red ticking said...

b r i l l i a n t... and cheery..... xx

Mary Timmers said...

That's the beauty of being an artist. You can make the sun shine whenever you want! Thanks for the before and after too!

Joyce said...

I like the splash of color. xo

MJH Design Arts said...

I always smile when I look at your work--it is so happy and with a sense of humor. Thanks for focusing my day.
Mary

Dewi Novita said...

This site is one of the best I have found :
=> Homeowners insurance <=

=> Property Insurance <=

=> Home Insurance Rates <=


Excellent information and facts. Only real difficulty I was basically receiving was viewing the pics. No idea exactly why.

1. Room Decorating Ideas

2. Living Room Design Ideas

3. Home Decor Ideas