Thursday, May 17, 2012

per se

 My husband shall be dining tonight like a king. 
 It is not the fact per se that I am jealous that he will be dining at Per se in New York, it is the fact that I will not be by his side to taste the artfully and skillfully prepared cuisine.
Thomas Keller has devoted his life to creating food to make people happy.

My husband has devoted his life to banking and solving problems.  Very often those problems require long hours, countless meetings, conference calls and more.  
Rewards in the form of sharing an elegant meal accompanied with thoughtful wines, I can think of nothing better.  (Well, I can think of something better, me being there!)
If you want to invest in a beautiful book, The French Laundry Cookbook is simply exquisite.  
I am hoping that there will be a small "doggie bag" brought home for me.
I can't wait to hear all about his dining experience.

11 comments:

Nancy // and while we are here said...

I absolutely know what you mean :)

Thank you for the book recommendation!

Joyce said...

My fingers are cross he does bring you a bit back too.

I don’t want to jinx anything, but perhaps I might have something just as tasty to share with you, that will make your day. :) Today is my long day in the office, if I hear something I will text you later. Fingers cross…. xo

Formerly known as Frau said...

The rewards of hard working man are far and few between....I hope he enjoyed the delicious meal and brought a little something home to share.

Belle on Heels said...

I just love Thomas Keller and I'm dying to try per se next time we're in NYC. I hope you two have a lovely dinner!! You deserve it :)

I Dream Of said...

Yum. Your husband is a lucky man, but I'm sure he wishes he was dining with you! Do you think a doggie bag from Per Se would be one of those foil swans? Or something fancier? We love Bouchon when we are in Napa - and it's another beautiful cookbook. Now I'm hungry!

Unknown said...

Your husband is indeed a lucky man!!! That restaurant is amazing.

One of my all time favorite meals, however, was at the French Laundry. Magical and I have kept the receipt, which I want to frame. Reminder of special time.

xoxo Elizabeth

BRASWELL said...

Pre Se is amazing + Thomas Keller. A doggie bag would be nice. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

home before dark said...

Woof! Woof! I hope your leftovers are delicious, per se.

I have also enjoy Keller's Ad Hoc cookbook. A little more approachable as they say. The first thing I'm going to cook when kitchen is back together is his fried chicken!

home before dark said...

Woof! Woof! I hope your leftovers are delicious, per se.

I have also enjoy Keller's Ad Hoc cookbook. A little more approachable as they say. The first thing I'm going to cook when kitchen is back together is his fried chicken!

Lisa Mende said...

one of my friends ate there last week and said it was good but not her favorite. i know your hubby wishes you were there to enjoy with him as well!

Mr Paul said...

I already have this dreamy book on my list and this post has helped move it up the list. Now that is a doggy bag worth waiting up for!
Paul