Friday, December 02, 2011

dream boat

I am always amazed at what floats one's boat let alone literally how a boat manages to stay afloat.
I consider boats, cars, trains, plains as pure transportation but according to my 18 year old son who is vehicularly obsessed, I am wrong.  He has always been a dreamer and I imagine one day he will own some mega yacht or formula one race car.
Men and boats or men and their cars have provided many clients fodder for gifting.  If you cannot afford to wrap a red ribbon on the actual dream boat or sports car, then perhaps giving a gift of art of said mode of travel will be a nice surprise for your loved one.  

A framed work of art is everlasting and adds a sporty touch to any office, stairwell or foyer.
The above dream boat pve design work of art was a gift from a daughter to her father which was given shortly after she gave a home pve design work of art to her Mother a few weeks prior.


Do you have dreams perhaps of one day owning a boat, a sports car or a home?

17 comments:

Tonia Lee Smith said...

I know it's been a while since I've been by. Your work is always amazing when I see it. Very refreshing from the abstract art that has burst on the scene as of late :-) Happy weekend!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Men and their toys.....I think as my toys as my shoes...love them just as much!!
Beautiful illustration of a gorgeous boat...I would love to float away on that someday!
Have a wonderful weekend!

Chic Coles said...

Our Dad is always buying one or the other.Beautiful painting. Have a great weekend.

California Girl said...

Trying to read this on my new kindle & I thought I was seeing things when the view slipped from the lovely watercolor to the photo. I reduced the page & realised I am not "seeing" things.

The Buzz Blog said...

Boys and their toys... I'd take a picture of an Astin Martin any day (or the real thing!) Happy weekend, PVE!

Joyce said...

She is a beauty! My dream is a red vintage truck. This time of year she would be wearing a red wreath on her grill. :) xo

Diane said...

Inspiration and food for thought...beautiful piece of art!

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

That’s an incredible illustration! TGIF

I Dream Of said...

A dream boat indeed! This time of year in Seattle, many boat owners join the Christmas Ship flotilla and sail from beach to beach in Lake Washington and Puget sound -- I've always wanted to bob along in a boat some year, instead of watching from shore. Maybe we'll have to take out our kayaks one of these years!

Have a merry weekend!

A.U.G. said...

Magnifique! Votre talent est inégalé!

Living Life in the Lowcountry said...

One of my dreams is to actually live on a boat for awhile! I would love to do it when the kids are grown, maybe for just a year! Guess I need to buy that boat first!

Dovecote Decor said...

I am one of those people that cannot stand anything with an engine! But your water color is delightful!
Best,
Liz

Unknown said...

This is great! Visualize your dream and it will come true!
I love that philosophy!
Your boat took me away to lovely places...

Aspiring Kennedy said...

we used to sail when i was in college, but my dad sold the boat. those trips are, by far, the best trips i've ever taken. so peaceful... and such good tans! :)

Stephanie Sabbe said...

We watched a wood bottom boat parade in the Adirondacks last fourth of July weekend. So fun!

Unknown said...

PVE,

Lovely thoughts floating away somewhere exotic. You know what they say about boats...the two greatest days for a boat owner is the first day they own the boat and the day they sell it,,,too funny.

Lovely illustrated boat probably the best way to have one is in a lovely frame on the wall,

Bette

Emily said...

I love the plane illustration you did for my father. You are so right; men love their toys!!!