Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Thanks to my very first sponsor



It is my pleasure to announce my very first sponsor, J.McLaughlin.

one of the very first illustrations of the Madison Avenue location
My affiliation with J.McLaughlin began way back when they had three shops in New York. Today, they have 4o stores in 15 states. Please take a moment to look at some of the wonderful items on their site or check to see if there is a location near you. Bright happy colors, fun festive prints and classic styling with a twist for men and women. I love looking back at some of the designs and artwork that I have done over the years. Good quality and good design always stand the test of time.
I am so appreciative of all the work as well as their being my first sponsor!
As an artist, running my own business as well as raising a family is a balance. I like knowing that there are companies who applaud small businesses and I look forward to partnering with other sponsors. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor (informal angel), kindly contact me for details.
Excuse me while I ponder the merits of this wonderfully scrumptious silk fleece shawl for holiday giving....
see below and for your self on line at J.McLaughlin.

24 comments:

Mrs. Blandings said...

Congratulations!

Starr said...

As a student family in New Jersey, I used to wish I could shop at the J. McLaughlin in Princeton.

Congratulations on the sponsorship!

elizabeth said...

Bravo..on your first sponsorship...
I'm thrilled for you.
e

A Gift Wrapped Life said...

Congratulations Patricia on your very first sponsor. They are lucky to have you. XO

GrannySmithGreen said...

I scoured our local McLaughlin for one of your needlepoint belts. They had none. So sad. Can we still find them out there?

Unfortunately, they closed the location closest to me. I did stock up on many of their fun fresh clothes before their doors shut.

Best of luck with more wonderful sponsors!

Kwana said...

Congrats Patricia. I've always loved the artwork you've done for them.

My Notting Hill said...

Congrats! Love that shawl.

Emily said...

Congratulations pve! I love your illustrations for this company.

Karena said...

Congratulations Patricia! The throw, looks so gorgeous!

Living the life in The Little City said...

That's wonderful!

Maman de trois petit rois said...

Patricia, back in 2001 I cam across a J. McLaughlin store in Nantucket. Not long after I became addicted to the lovely renderings of their shop fronts and wares. I am just beyond now that actually "know" you! Great work, truly, your illustrations keep me popping by the website more often than I would just to browse.
Congratulations!

We Blog Artists said...

CONGRATS P...that's fantastic!
Char

QueenBeeSwain said...

congratulations- you always have the cheeriest sketches- I think they're highly reflective of your lovely self!

kHm

Jeannine | The Small and Chic Home said...

They seem to open a store where I wind up living (Ridgewood, NJ then Boston then the Boston suburbs). Now that I'm in Virginia, the closest store is up in DC (I think). They need to come down here!

Seriously, though, I've been eying some beautiful tote bags in the store for the last few months. The colors they use are gorgeous!

Milltini said...

Congrats! That is awesome. You are so talented.

Easy and Elegant Life said...

Yeah! I think of you when I drive by the Libbie Ave store, three times a week or so, and spot the new windows.

I'll have to toddle down to my store and have a look at that throw.

Leciawp said...

Congratulations Patricia!! What a great sponsor to have.

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

What a perfect pairing, and I'm not just talking about you and the scarf!

Debra said...

Congratulations Patricia. I love the way you bring their things to life-they are so lucky to have you to illustrate for them. I wish they would open a shop in one of the great coastal towns here in Maine- Camden perhaps???

Summer is a Verb said...

Yeaaa...what a professional, yet equally fashionable, coup! Congrats to them on their high level of taste...XXOO

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

Congratulations on your sponsor! Now excuse me while *I* ponder wrapping myself in that shawl and taking a nap right about now. Too bad I'm at the office. ;-)

Painted Preppy said...

Your illustrations are just beautiful! Congrats on the sponsorship.

Miranda J said...

What an excellent first sponsor; certainly you've set the bar high for future sponsors. I loved the store in Manhattan; and have shopped at the one in Wellesley.

Whitney Johnson (signed in as my daughter)
www.daretodream.typepad.com

C.J. said...

congrats! you deserve it, your paintings are wonderful