Thursday, November 05, 2009

chick lit

Each week, I make my trek to the local library and nearby "Second Hand" shop to see what might peak my inner chic. I found these wonderful lamps that I immediately thought of her.
So, I rang her and told her that I thought of her and she said, oh, yes, send them my way.
I can only imagine the chic shade that will be added to top off these little gems. The base would be lovely painted a high gloss blue or orange. They would be sweet on a book shelf or a slim entry table. Albert Hadley thinks that overhead lighting is a "tragedy." I would have to agree that small lamps are so chic.

I brought them home, cleaned them up and the will soon be here.

11 comments:

Shandell's said...

You can go shopping for me any time. They are fabulous. My mind is spinning as to what glorious shades to make for them.

Debra said...

Those ARE fabulous! Shandell-you must show us what you do to add to their chic-ness!

Ina in Alaska said...

Fabulous finds! I love poking around in secondhand shops!

Kate Coveny Hood said...

I love ginger jar lamps! And how funny, I was scrolling through my reader and assumed that this was a Shandell's post.

Milltini said...

great finds! i love these. so glad your inner chic agreed ;-)

Chic Coles said...

Great find. Like your creative ideas for the lamps.

Kwana said...

They're wonderful!

Joyce said...

Oh yes, I can't wait to see these little gals dance in their new dresses. Have a golden weekend my friend. xo

pve design said...

Susan,
Looking forward to seeing them lit up!
pve

Formerly known as Frau said...

Gorgeous gems you found!

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

These are stunning! Clearly I need to make it to your second hand shop! :-)