Tuesday, November 10, 2009

little acorn hats

"Great oaks from little acorns grow"
It is that time of year, the little acorns seem good and plenty here which means that we are in for a cold winter. Outside my window, there are many squirrels gathering little acorns. Inside, I liken myself to squirrels, gathering too. I illustrate, I knit, I needlepoint, I cook, I clean, I paint and all of it makes me supremely happy. New pens, paints, yarns are the little acorns that can grow into great things. I knit these little hats and big ones too. Most often quip, "When do you find the time?"
Well, my hands are never idle. I am that squirrel you see, always running, doing and making the best use of my time. What sort of little acorns are you gathering?

17 comments:

La Maison Fou said...

Congrats on opening the store, I really like your renderings. Those hats make me want to learn to knit!
Have a great week,
Leslie

Kwana said...

I love your little acorn hats. So cute on little acorn heads!

pve design said...

Leslie-
It is a step, and over time I will learn - adding more.
Thanks for your kind words.
pve

Kwana,
Even on big acorn heads they look great!
pve

Kelsey B. said...

So pretty! I love these kind of hats for little heads - keeps them so cozy in the winter!

Debra said...

Such adorable little hats for adorable little heads. I'm so happy to see your shop up and running. You can now add 'store-keeper' to your list. I love the journals.

Unknown said...

Aren't they sweet? Lottie had one like that when she was a tiny tot!

XX
V.

Ms. Bright said...

With a penchant for squirrels {thank you sorority founders} I adore anything "acorn" I only wish I had some precious little heads to put these adorable creations on!
I'm forever in a "gathering" stage, too!

Karena said...

Too, too cute! Patricia, let me know how much you want for Isabella & Miss Bell's rendering, I am thinking for Christmas.

Karena said...

PS I wish I could knit!

Janet said...

Oh, that is so cute...I am inspired to give my little beanie hats a bit more of a stem in the future!

Anonymous said...

SO cute! Unfortunately, I can only knit a scarf so far. This may motivate me to try something new!

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

I think you need to make adult acorn hats...I like to think of myself as a mighty oak in training, so I'd wear one for sure. ;-) I love it!

Unknown said...

I too am busy working on Christmas cards finalizing the design and ready to embelish. Organizing studio to purge somethings and reinvent others.

Bette

Cristin // Simplified Bee said...

They are simply adorable! My mom taught me how to knit, but I am not good at casting on. Still a beginner!

xo,
cristin

Marnie said...

love the hats - i am guilty of doing,doing, doing too.
got home from my show, went to the office and then a knitting class - learning how to make mittens

Holly said...

PvE, I LOVE THIS YARN!! fabulous little hats...

Maia said...

I adore the acorn hats....so elfin, so perfect!!