Friday, June 22, 2012

candelight


There is a spot nearby which has been in business since 1955.  
"Candlelight Inn" is known for it's hot wings and landmark red buildings.

Nothing fancy, just a local spot to unwind and enjoy a bucket of hot wings, a cool beverage and lively conversation.  There is always a wait, a line and a crowd.  If you do go, make sure you bring cash as they only accept cash.
The owner contacted me to illustrate his business buildings to have printed on a post card after he had seen one from another local business that I illustrated.  It was a series of back and forth and juggling life in between.  I tweaked and fine tuned the artwork until it was approved.  Finally the above artwork was completed and ready to be used for advertising and marketing.
Although mail comes in many forms, businesses are always looking for ways to send out mailers or e-mails to let their customers know of sales or of special events.  It is amazing to think that some businesses I have been creating for since there were only a handful of shops and little by little they have grown to many many shops.  I love knowing that many companies are still burning the candlelight to grow their businesses.  If you are in need of artwork for mailers or marketing, feel free to contact me.

15 comments:

Joyce said...

Very exciting to know others will have a piece of your art in the mail :) the place sounds like my place! xo

Suzanne said...

Love the Candelight, best wings around!

Becca - Rebecca Atwood Designs said...

This makes me want some wings! I love how your illustration turned out.

Unknown said...

Oh, the old Candlelight Inn, a staple for my kids!
This is wonderful!
Your illustration adds so much charm.

Kwana said...

That came out wonderful you really captured the Candlelight spirit!

pve design said...

Suzanne,
I know it is a treat to have wings, celery and the blue cheese are my favorite part!
pve

Becca,
Let's meet up and have wings!
Thanks for your kind words about the sketch.
pve

Victoria,
Thank-you dear! Good to know I am sprinkling charm on a nearby avenue...
pve

Kwana,
Thanks dear friend!
We need wings to fly with spirit and grace~
pve

Madison Lane said...

I am sure they'll use the drawing for more than just postcards! It looks so inviting.

MJH Design Arts said...

Makes me want to move back to the East Coast!! So pretty. Have a super week-end. Mary

pve design said...

Madison Lane,
Thank-you! I hope you are doing well ~
pve

MJH-
Your comments always make me smile.
pve

quintessence said...

I'm sure the restaurant was thrilled with their final result - so charming. And J. McLaughlin was so smart to bring you on board early on - you have created their signature look so successfully!!

BRASWELL said...

What a grand piece of art + the Candlelight looks divine. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

Mr Paul said...

The Candlelight artwork looks great Patricia. Love those mailers too.
Paul x

annie@mostlovelythings said...

I must put this on my list of places to visit once we are in your neck of the woods. Your illustrations and mailers are so beautiful. The ones of places make me want to go and the mailers I'm sure end up on inspirations boards...no one could ever toss them....way too pretty. Just looking through your website. Is that you in orange?

Unknown said...

PVE,

Art is such a breathing entity and it is timeless in business and with the help of the internet it gets to customers and others in lighting speed.

How sweet it is...love the illustration!

Bette

The French Tangerine said...

You share inspiration to so many people in so many ways! My post tonight was inspired by you! And I linked to share the inspiration further!
XO
Jan