Tuesday, January 03, 2012

midas touch

 I hope you and your New Year are up to the gold standard of this diary.  
There is something about gold that keeps luring me with not only it's shine, but the level of quality
and value it seems to radiate.
 A simple golden bangle can add so much warmth on a silvery winter day.
 Does your workout need a little midas touch?
These gold shorts would certainly get me moving.
 Love to have one of these golden circles to serve as a keepsake for my children.  
They mean the world to me.  The golden circle reminds me of just how simple life is.  
Round and round we go.
 This golden cube would be just the sort of precious metal to come home to after a long ride.
 Gold somehow seems to add so much sparkle.  Guess I might as well add some gold to my life this year.  Is it just me or are you going for the gold?  I am off to add some gold to my artwork today.
Do you have the midas touch?

13 comments:

MyFavoriteFrenchAntiques said...

Gold is a good color for the new year...reflecting positive energy for our economy.

Unknown said...

I have been strongly drawn to gold lately. I think the metallic shine is warming during these cold, bleak and gray days.

I know your artwork always has the midas touch....so wishing you loads of inspiration today..and always!

xo elizabeth

Karena said...

I agree with all Patricia, well except perhaps the gold spanks, Ha!

If you have a secret to using gold or silver foil, please do share!!

Happy New Years to you and yours and Please come and enter my Giveaway from Serena & Lily.

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

MS Design Maven Marilyn Storey said...

Happy New Year!

I LOVE gold and loved your post! Gold is on the upswing, and not just in price!

I came over via "Little Augury".

I think you will enjoy this http://www.msdesignmaven.com/2011/12/gilded-life-or-i-have-touch-of-midas.html.

Hope 2012 IS a golden year!

Marilyn Storey, MS Design Maven

I Dream Of said...

Hope your year is off to a golden start! XO Jeanne

Ann said...

I love that gold journal! And gold period. I wear my gold bangles everyday! I friend mine said that her husband purchased some gold for her as investment, and when you do so, rather than a silly piece of paper, you actually get a bag of gold coins! How great is that?! Can't wait to see how you add the sparkle to your work!

Acquired Objects said...

These images are fun and if my a** looked that good I would be all over those gold shorts. I'm starting to see gold more but always in modern settings so wondering how it would look with antiques.

Hugs!
Debra

Formerly known as Frau said...

I put on my gold huggy hoop earring today I haven't worn forever....! Now those gold workout shorts..I'm afraid my workout friends would pay me not to wear them!! lol! Happy golden day!

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

ahh those golden shorts are amazing and awful all at the same time! isnt gold grande, though?

Bethany
http://powellbrower.blogspot.com/2012/01/project-update-paint-and-ceiling-donezo.html

Joyce said...

That is a whole lot of gold. :) Have a golden day my friend. xo

beth said...

Outstanding ! Love all the gold stuff.
I'm a new fan of yours, come over my way if you like.
Beth @ kokopelia.blogspot.com

LindsB said...

Oh yes please, I love me some gold. Its my new obsessed lately. Well that and orange, but thats an old one.

Summer is a Verb said...

You must watch Gold Rush on TLC. Babe's current fav...XXOO