Saturday, September 20, 2008

face to face



photo of  PvE Design - at age twenty-two- circa 1980's,(excuse the water mark on my forehead)

Here we are, face to face.  For those of you who know me, know that I care about skin and taking care of my skin is important.  I thought that I would share some simple tips about taking care of not only your face, but your skin.  The above photo is of my face at twenty-two.

Skin care tips
1.  Cleanse your face morning and evening with a simple cleanser.  I have used many products        but  all you really need is a gentle cleanser that works for your skin.  Try them out to see            what works best.  Your skin should feel clean, not dry or irritated.

2.  Tone, Toner- helps to refresh and my favorite thing is to dispense into a spray pump        bottle.  One  use it as a "spritz" which not only feels refreshing, you use less.  You can even  make your very own with witch hazel, rose water or other delightful natural delights.

3.  Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize.  Use a day cream with SPF sunscreen with 25 or higher depending on your complexion.

 Night cream   is a MUST!  Moisturize your hands too with a simple cream! 

  Again, find one that works for you.  I love Lorna's Naturals and Eminence, both are gentle 
  and smell amazing.  Apply the moisturizer to "damp" skin.  Allow the cream to penetrate 
  before you apply make-up.  Use brushes to apply make-up.  The less you touch your skin,
  the better.  Take note of the shelf life of your products.

4.  Eye Cream - Use an eye cream, the layer of skin is thin around your eyes.  Not only does it 
     feel good to apply just a dot around the eye, it helps you to have a young vibrant look.

Drink plenty of water, get plenty of rest.  Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables for radiant results. My Mother would always say, "You are what you eat, and beauty is skin deep." 
We need a little good fat in our diet too, olive oil in dressing is a good fat.


If you do see any signs or skin irritation, speak to your dermatologist.  Dermatologists may also give samples to try and can examine your skin and make the best possible diagnoses.  I am not in the Health Field but have learned so much over the years.

Treat yourself to a gentle facial from time to time along with a massage.  I believe that both are good for the soul as well as the skin.  They help to rid toxins and to rejuvenate skin.
I hope this helps you to find a simple skin routine, it is never to late to set up a skin care regime that works best for you.  It is worth the few extra minutes, face to face with the mirror.

36 comments:

Marnie said...

what a beauty you are - facials are my indulgence - started them when i moved to nyc - ollie sanger - and now a wonderful Russian lady in CT -

pve design said...

marnie-
as busy as you are, I am glad to hear that you take care of your skin with facials. you are setting a good example for your daughter!
patricia

Tara said...

Patricia

At this age I am into Clinique products, so natural and no after effects...

what a beauty you were and are!

:0)
Tara

pve design said...

tara,
glad you found a product that works for you!
thanks for your kind comments... time flies - right!
love to look at old pics.
pve

Anonymous said...

Can we see how you look now?

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Exquisite, both the face and the advice. Being extremely fair, I have made skin care a priority since my teens. Hats, major sunscreens, and good products. And you are so correct about diet. Salmon, fresh vegetables and fruit are my staples.

Have you tried the products from Mario Badescu? He has some wonderful ones, especially his moisturizing masks.

Elizabeth said...

Incredible. You are a BEAUTY.

pve design said...

karen,
looking for a photo - which I shall send,
of me now - I do not think that I have changed all that much...

pamela,
yes - hats are wonderful and knowing to limit the amount of exposure. I do love the sun and the beach though I try to limit myself.
hmm,salmon for dinner tonight and lots of veggies.

enc
-right back at you - beauty!
how is the shopping ban going.
have to say, you inspire me not to shop.
pve

Lovebird said...

You are BEAUTIFUL! Thank you for sharing your beauty secrets.

annechovie said...

How fun to see your photo from a few years back! You look like a model!

Fifi Flowers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

what a pretty face!~
wonderful tutorial...i feel like i can use all the help i can get.

Kwana said...

Helloooo Gorgeous! I love these photos!! You have not changed a bit. Thanks for sharing your routine. You know I'm a beauty nut and love a good regime.

Miss Cavendish said...

So lovely! I've used Janet Sartin since I was about 19 and used to love her facials in the city. But recently I've turned to La Mer (the lighter version) for how creamy it feels . . .

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

Such beautiful photos!

I also wear sunglasses the size of a Thunderbird (year round) to keep my eyes and the skin around them covered. :-)

littlebyrd said...

I love your pictures! So beautiful! Thanks for the skin care tips. Mine has been doing some crazy things lately - I need all the help I can get.

Living the life in The Little City said...

Right after I read this post, I washed my face and put on sunscreen! Living out at the cabin all these months has resulted in some skin care laziness on my part.

Thanks for writing this. Good post.

CashmereLibrarian said...

A few years ago I started seeing some age spots on my face--when I went to the dermatologist to clear them up, he stressed that I needed to use a moisturizer with 30 SPF at all times. I have since and it's really made a difference.
Thank you for sharing such good advice!

Diane said...

I am a skin fanatic also ... I get monthly facials and it shows. I am 58 and my skin is still beautiful. My frieds who smoke, or don't wash their face everynite, or don't use sunscreen or not do facials -- you see it all in their faces...not pretty. As we age there are some things beyond our controll but we can take very good care of our skin -- and it does show.. more than that expensive blouse that eventually makes its way to the back of the closet.

pve design said...

Kathleen-
glad I have inspired you to wash your face.
Funny how we can form a habit so quickly!
Hope you continue to take good care of your skin.
PvE

Phyllis Bourne said...

You have gorgeous skin! Thanks for the tips.

I'm going to have to start incorporating a toner into my routine.

pve design said...

pbw-
toner is easy in a pump and spray bottle ---
try it and it will make it easy to spritz on and give you a nice feeling too. your skin looks glorious and will thank you!
pve

Marie Louise said...

How beautiful are you! Great shot - despite it being the 80s!

pve design said...

Marie-Louise-
good thing that you cannot see the 80's"shoulder pads" and leggings.... no I had on a mens tank and my favorite levis.
PvE

Emily said...

What beautiful photos! Tres chic & lovely. Also, I've been lamenting over my skin products, so this is wonderful advice. I'm actually scheduled for a Vitamin C facial @ Coldwater Creek this coming Saturday & I can't wait. Was going to cancel, but I will keep the appt in honor of you! Thanks Patricia!

pve design said...

emily-
vitamin c - love it!
good for you to find time for you! most places will give product samples before you buy which I suggest.
nothing worse than having a bad reaction to a product.
every skin is unique - so find what works best and teach your children. spf daily!
pve

Mary-Laure said...

Patricia, you are so GORGEOUS! (No wonder people used to say you looked by Veruschka - you did!)
But the best secret, I think is: be born with good skin. Which apparently you were blessed with...

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

You are such a classic beauty! I wish I had some normal photos of me during the 80's- you know... sans the 4" high hair... YIKES!

I'm a big skincare person and LOVE Eminence products!!! I remember my mom taking me to the Clinique counter when I was really young and learning the importance of skincare. I've gone through many products and regimes but I definitely agree of its importance and the payoff.

pve design said...

Mary-Laure,
I know how loyal you are to spf and have admired you for giving your fair skin respect and coverage!
You have lovely skin!
PvE

la la Lovely said...

Stunning pictures! I love skin care products. I have to say though I have been terrible about washing my face at night. I think I might just try to do it right after dinner than there is no way around it!

pve design said...

la la lovely -
oh the ritual of cleansing my face before I retire is one of sincere pleasure and assures me a restful night of peaceful dreams. try it for one week and see le la la lovely difference!
pve

Kim said...

Girlllll - your skin is perfect!! We need to be taken tips from you!

Even with all the chaos going on here, I have always taken care of my skin - unfortunately neither parent had great skin, so I'm working with some really bad genetics!

pve design said...

kim-
just from the little that I have come to know of you, you are "bright eyed and bushy tailed" and that my dear makes everything glow....skin included.
pve

Brilliant Asylum said...

I am wolf-whistling at my monitor. Thanks for the great advice. I try to follow most, but it is nice to have a reminder!

simply seleta said...

Model perfect!!!

Anonymous said...

How gorgeous you are!!