Saturday, October 01, 2011

farmhouse zen

 I had a dream that I scored a piece of land for a song and lucky for me, I already have all the images to build and create what I call "farmhouse zen."  Lots of white and rustic wooden touches.  How fab are these doors.
 This farmhouse table in an entry, used as a desk.
Rustic stools. White lights. Stone.  Sisal. Wood burning stoves.
A melange of surfaces and textures.
I am in hopes one day that my dreams lead me to such a spot.
all images found on pinterest


Ann said...

Lovely...Lovely...Lovely ♥

I am in love with that barn door/ bathroom door... and with that table too ♥

the gardener's cottage said...

i often have that dream only i didn't know it had a title. now i do!

two hippos said...

one amazing house your building, the corner fire is fabulous! I have a dream home too, mines by the sea.

Joyce said...

I have been eyeing the barn doors for awhile :) I can see it now- I driving up the long driveway to your get- away home in my red truck with a picnic in the back. Xo

Beadboard UpCountry said...

Great pictures! I have a client that did the same thing for a country guesthouse in the bathroom... We found towel bars and door hooks that were leather and chrome it ended up loking like a tack room........ The door wasn't vintage though really liked the look! Maryanne xo

Angeline said...

Love the door - Can't wait to try one somewhere in our home!

Karena said...

Patricia, now that is my kind of dream! I would love a space like this to start anew!


Art by Karena

Loui♥ said...

I have just the property for you..
85 acres on a lake..3/4 of the shoreline included..
Forested with mixed hardwoods..
nestled 5 miles between two small towns in and half hours from Atlanta, Birmingham, and Montgomery Alabama..
It is beautiful in every season, prolific deer herds and turkey flocks.. wildflowers galore!
I do not need the property as I live in an outdoor paradise in Denver Colorado!
your farmhouse zen could work magic in this setting!
dreams can and do come true!!!
warmest hugs..

Purple Flowers said...

Love the Zen atmosphere. It instantly promotes a peaceful and serene environment. said...

maybe we can find weekend farm houses next door to each other :)

Formerly known as Frau said...

love the farm door.....gorgeous love any thing farmhouse. Have a wonderful weekend!

quintessence said...

GORGEOUS!!! And exactly what I saw in London - the fabulous mix of old and new - always fresh and inspiring!!

John said...

Lovely and inspiring. I likewise have dreams of a similar environment. I already have a table very similar to that one, but it's tucked away in my study, propping up the computer and scanner.

Summer is a Verb said...

Door and stools pleaseeee...XXOO

madilla said...

How I love this style! Easy, simple but still chic!

paula said...

I think I will just save all your images. We are in the hunt for land now. ;)

Dewi Novita said...

This site is one of the best I have found :
" Progressive Home Insurance "

" allstate home insurance "

" progressive home insurance "

Excellent information and facts. Only real difficulty I was basically receiving was viewing the pics. No idea exactly why.

1.Best Home Interior Interior Design Seattle

2.Best Minimalist Design Minimalist Interior Design

3.Best Interior Design best interior design schools

I agree, for the most part, but don’t you feel as if the issue is more complex than that?

=> Specs Review : 2013 Acura RDX <=

=> Specs Wallpaper: Mercedes Benz C300 <=

=> Specs Review Modifications: 2013 Audi TT RS <=