Friday, October 17, 2008

rock, paper, scissors & glue


A collage of the artist, by the artist Megan Coyle
Megan Coyle is a gal who rocks the world with collage.  Give this gal some paper, scissors and glue and a composition is created to produce a painting of sorts.  In high school, there was an art project that I did very similar to this and I loved the challenge.  In a way, a collage is sort of like a puzzle.
A collage by Megan Coyle
Finding your craft and your passion can be found at any age.  I am happy for  that she seems to have found her passion for collage at a young age.  I always admire those that find it, recognize it and honor what they love.  I also admire late bloomers too.
I could not resist to post this "great pumpkin."  The vibrant color and dedication to creating depth of field, shape and shadow speaks to me.  How incredible to have found magic in paper and glue.  Megan has many works for sale along with note-cards.  Please give a round of applause to this dedicated artist.  As an artist, nothing gives me more pleasure than supporting them through buying a work or bartering.  Think about sending Megan some paper or glue or simply leave a comment here for her.  
Megan Coyle in the del-ray show with her collage.

14 comments:

erika said...

these are amazing! what patience this must take!

Joyce said...

Megan, Your art is beautiful! I love the fact that masterpieces are created out of pieces of paper, glue and scissors. The images and shading is unbelieveable...

I look forward to seeing your website live soon.

pve design said...

erika,
I know! Patience is a virtue and her work is full of goodness!
pve

pve design said...

joyce-
take a look at the "animals" that megan collages.
they are amazing!
pve

ArchitectDesign™ said...

Thats a talent, especially that portrait! I can't believe that is collage!

Ina in Alaska said...

Megan, I love the vivid colors and the way you interpret your subjects. Best Wishes!

Karena said...

Very unique, which is a great part of what makes this art so special; along with the "sight" of an image coming together as a beautiful creation.

Megan Coyle said...

thank you so much for the post :)

Rachel said...

These are so beautiful! The amount of work it must take is unbelievable. Thanks for sharing!

Elizabeth said...

Coyle's work is beautiful and engaging.

WendyB said...

Love this work.

la la Lovely said...

These are gorgeous.. love the collaging!

annechovie said...

I love Megan's work, Patricia!

Catherine at Design Editor said...

These are stunning! I love the portrait. Good for you, Megan!