Sunday, June 06, 2010

les vacances

There is nothing sweeter than a vacation -especially when it is just a "Mother- Daughter" trip.
How would you love to vacation in Paris, right now? Here is my sweet client "texting" in front of "Laduree." She was so very "patient" with me for a series of illustrations and alas, they are "finished." My work load has been over the moon, for which I am ever thank-ful. Perhaps a vacation is just what I need to rest up, but I will keep my nose down, and my brush wet!
I love this one of her Mother standing in front of the "Arc de Triomphe" surrounded by tourists with cameras, backbacks and good walking shoes! Do you have any vacations planned to faraway places or will you be staying close to home?

I am off to fetch my dear husband and daughter who are in flight from a little trip to the South of France. I was extremely productive with my time while they were away, getting work finished and cleaning out closets and organizing some storage. It helped that I was devoted to eating raw which really helped to keep me focused. Simply cannot wait to share my good deeds with the vacationers and you this week. Checking off my list felt so marvelous.

Enjoy your Sunday wherever you are!

19 comments:

Karena said...

Lovely Patricia, and wouldn't I love your friend to bring back treats from Laduree!

Karena
Art by Karena

pve design said...

Karena,
I have a goal for finishing some work...and then a treat for myself every now and then.....I spotted a lovely necklace, which is lower in calories, but yes, I would love one of those pretty boxes from Laduree to store my paints in.
pve

Debra said...

What precious illustrations of happy memories! I love the idea of a Mother-Daughter holiday...or a Father-Daughter holiday.
My husband has been whispering about a possible little something-but I'm remaining verrry cool and calm about it...we'll see!
Please stop over for a visit today!
A little give-away that you may like!

René said...

The idea of going somewhere with my mother sounds wonderful. Cherished memories with a lovely illustration to remember it by. Thank you for sharing you work with us.

Southern Lady said...

I enjoyed a mother-daughter trip to Greece and Italy last year. My husband is taking a trip next spring with her to Germany, Switzerland, and Austria. I can't wait to do the same with my youngest daughter one day. Carla

Unknown said...

OH, I love these!!! Can't wait to go to laduree for the 1st time --- less than 2 weeks till our trip. Enjoy having your family back together!!

Hamptontoes said...

Now, that is artwork with a meaning behind each painting...absolutely lovely!

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

Such fun illustrations! I keep thinking about your diet. Thanks for stopping by with the ingredients for your green drink. Haven't tried it yet but if it would keep me focused enough to accomplish as much as you have with your family away, I had better try some soon.

Hello Lover... said...

These are great - and what beautiful items to have as a way to remember their trip!

Gwen Driscoll said...

oh, must eat raw to gain focus. good, good thought! these are precious and beautiful. you are an amazing talent. have a great week.

Unknown said...

Great way to stay on top of things before summer activities are in full swing. Great art works for sure. I love lists and checking them off too. Staying still this summer.

Bette

red ticking said...

you are brilliant. these are simply amazing... and how sweet for them to have forever and ever... xx

Maria Killam said...

Those are so fabulous! I want to go to Paris!

Splenderosa said...

Oh, I love this post! You are amazing. xx's

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

ooh, you had me at 'raw'! Bet your skin is as radiant as ever with that diet! One of my favorites!

Great illustrations as always!

Gramercy Home said...

The Laduree illustration is wonderful. I so want to be there!

24 Corners said...

Lovely paintings Patricia...such a wonderful remembrance for your client!
Laduree is the Tiffany of France....anything from there is heaven, the boxes as well as the delicious treats end up being special forever (as are your paintings!).

xxoo J~

traci zeller designs said...

Those are absolutely adorable!! Oh, j'adore Paris!

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

What an amazing way to commemorate a special trip!!