Tuesday, March 02, 2010

princess and a prayer

I was so delighted to illustrate this to raise money for a charity for a womens and childrens shelter. This gal (and devoted reader) came to me with this request to create something with the quote, "When you pray, believe."
Little girls were included in on the fun and invited to wear princess party attire. They made these little signs which included prints of my artwork.
Just look at what fun these girls are having, dancing, crafting and learning to share and more importantly - to believe.
Tiaras are wonderful accessories for every girl.
Shelter and a tiara, what more can a girl want?
What a fun and clever way to involve girls in a worthwhile project.

Congratulations to Emily upon raising quite a nice amount to donate to the shelter and for contacting me to contribute the artwork. Emily is a Mom full of grace and a devoted reader.
Thank-you for reading and believing in me and my artwork.

Emily began her very own blog. Please welcome Emily to the blog community by leaving her a comment here.

19 comments:

Debra said...

Such a sweet illustration for a worthy cause. I think it's so important to show our young the importance of giving. Good luck with you top ten list... I had a hard time stopping!

Emily said...

Thank you so much Patricia. I become very inspired with your work and attitude. You did a fabulous job with the illustrations. Eleanor had the BEST time!!! Thank you again!
I've been out of the loop lately, and need to catch up with your entries.

Joyce said...

Your illustration is adorable. I bit your beautiful princess gave a lot of girls big and small hope sweet dreams. A wonderful way to reach out and help our friends in need.

Many thanks to Emily for giving her time and passion to a great organization. Her example shows if we take a little time to roll up our sleeves and lend a hand we can make a difference.

As I write this I'm trying (again) to remember how I found your blog, but I count my blessings I did!! You share with us so much through your kindness and connect us with one big golden thread. xo

Acanthus and Acorn said...

Patricia,

A beautiful illustration showing the power of one....

Unknown said...

Finding a way to help others is a wonderful gift that keeps on giving. Great post. Thanks for sharing.

Bette

Purple Flowers said...

Paying it forward is a wonderful way to keep the goodness flowing. I am sure many of these women and girls will do just that.
Such a pretty illustration!!

Kwana said...

What a beautiful illustration and a cause. I think this is a wonderful idea and so nice of you to contribute.

Karena said...

Adorable Patricia! very special project for the little ones1
Karena
Art by Karena

Maureen Stevens said...

this is so wonderful Patricia! The girls are so precious...

L @ Salt and Sentiment said...

So sweet. I love the line---when you pray, believe! Faith really can move mountains!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Beautiful artwork for such a great cause.

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Such precious royal faces.

*Chic Provence* said...

YOU are so cool to donate to this cause, and so beautifully too! Very inspiring!

xx

Kit

Unknown said...

Beautiful. Your work brightened their lives. Ours, too.

North of 25A said...

I love that illustration! But, since I am a fan of your work that is no big surprize. Would you consider doing some note cards with that beautiful sentiment? And how about some artwork for the Etsy shop? I will place the first order... XOXO

LindsB said...

Such a great cause to raise money for- I think a girl is never too old to wear a tiara!

Splendid Willow said...

Lovely all around, Patricia. You are the best! Much fondness, Mon

http://www.splendidwillow.com

Kelley said...

Aww, the photo of the little girls running around in princess dresses is really touching. <3

Janet said...

Oh, pve, such a lovely project.