Tuesday, December 23, 2008

wrought-up

Home illustrated for client by pve design for holiday greeting card
We all know the type of place that is "gated" and causes one to stop and stare.  A wrought iron gate has always held curb appeal for me.  There is a certain charm of the barrier without being uninviting.  This gate says, "welcome" -  come in for some holiday cheer, a cup of eggnog perhaps.  "Wrought-up" - and stressed out with all the holiday wrapping and doing, please push open that gate, ease on down the brick path to a gentler and kinder time. 

A time to make merry - leave your cares at the gate or better yet, leave a comment.

11 comments:

Joyce said...

Yes there is something to be said about the wrought iron gate and brick walkway. I love them both.
I would love to walk through this gate for a glass of eggnog and a cookie or two!
Have a golden day! xoxo

ArchitectDesign™ said...

Oh I love yards with a pretty fence (not huge walls!). I recently had to do some research for a white picket fence that wasn't 'cutesey' or cottagey for a project of a very grand, historic mansion we're renovating -it opened my eyes to the possibilities!

pve design said...

joyce-
yes, would be nice to enjoy a cup of holiday cheer with you.
pve

stefan,
oh, I can only imagine the research that must have gone into your project for a fence! your job always sounds fascinating!
pve

Leciawp said...

I love fences like that too. Hope your holiday preparations are coming along nicely Patricia! We haven't had mail in almost a week due to snow and I'm starting to get worried about receiving a few things; otherwise we're set and happy. xoxo

Unknown said...

the wrought iron does add a special bit of flare!

simply seleta said...

Somehow I see a lovely designed Christmas card by PVE in the stars for this family next year. Can't wait!

xoxo

Rachel said...

Working on being less wrought up right now! I love the holidays but I hate the stress - I'll take a clue from you and try to relax.

la la Lovely said...

So beautiful as always, Patricia. I am all for leaving my cares outside the gate! I'll drop them right now! Hope you and your family have the best Christmas ever and a very blessed New Year!
xx Trina
PS - would love the Derby pie recipe, sometime!

Back to baking!!!

Karena said...

Homes like this always intrique me. It is as if there is something very special behind that gate.

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

I love the sound of a wrought iron gate as it opens.

Stacy said...

lovely!