Monday, February 11, 2013

monday motivation - consistency


It takes practice and consistency to get up and repeat something we have done again and again.
It's far easier to just give up but we are what we repeatedly do.
So much of what I do requires that my efforts are consistent when I draw or paint.  Some people might refer to it as a certain style but it really does come from doing the same thing over and over.  Finally it clicks and I begin to see the subtle benefits.
I had not even noticed that the first image and this image is in fact the same quote but it looks so different, right?  We need to pay attention to the details for consistency to be beneficial.
Nothing is achieved without consistency and when we understand that we can start to realize that our actions begin to pay off over time.
I plan to work on being better at applying continuous effort rather than thinking I needed to be stronger or smarter.  Truly, just daily actions, good habits and repetition all help with unlocking our potential.  The effort we put forth pays off.  It's easier for me to tell that to my children than it is to follow this my self but I am going to practice what I preach.

I'd love to know if you would like for me to continue to post more of monday motivations?


What is one thing that you are consistent with doing?  
Has it paid off for you?  Does consistency motivate you?
I would really love to know.

14 comments:

LPC said...

Aha. It'd have to be analyze. Analyze everything, unless I'm busting loose:).

Karen at Home Sweet Hollywood said...

Wow, really loving this message. And I believe it to be true...consistency is so important.

I'm a new blogger so right now I'm trying to be consistent at it to see if I can create a successful blog. Time will tell :)

Thanks for making us think!

Mademoiselle Michael Blog said...

Wonderful post...keep these coming!

I need to have set "writing hours" at my desk, where I do not get up. I need to keep to a schedule better.

Debra said...

Motivated to start the hunt for lighting fixtures.....Happy, happy Monday Patricia.

Unknown said...

Powerful thoughts for a Monday morning! And, a thought I can relate to. Beginning in Dec, I started making some conscious changes that I thought would be beneficial. Swapping coffee for water with lemon. Saving alcohol for special occasions. And a few others. It has taken a couple of months, but I feel better and I'm beginning to see the results of the work. Consistency is the key to making changes that stick!

xoxo Elizabeth

MJH Design Arts said...

Yes, please more Monday Motivations. I relish these posts as they always speak to something I've either been working on--or something that I need to notice about myself.
xoxo
Mary

M. Denise C. said...

I really enjoy your awesome Monday Motivations, Patricia! Thanks, MDC

Michelle said...

oh gosh...it's just so hard!!! lol

vicki archer said...

I like these posts and yes consistency is really important...
Post as much as you can... I always enjoy your words and images... my little escape...:) xv

BRASWELL said...

I adore the Monday Motivation! What a grand way to start a week. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

Elizabeth said...

I've come to a recent revelation regarding this topic. I've been paralyzed trying to get certain things accomplished based on how long I think the job will take. Then once I finished it, I am amazed at how little time it ACTUALLY took compared to what my mind had envisioned. I now set a timer when I have to do something I dislike and it works whether it's vacumming the couch, filing, preparing a quote for a client, or preparing a meal. I've been amazed by what can be done in increments of 15, 30 or 60 minutes. Of course, if I get side-tracked by Pinterest...all bets are off!

~ESM

The Buzz Blog said...

We love your Monday motivations as they put us in the right frame of mind for the week... We consistently say "I love you" to our boys every morning and night and will do so well into their adulthood (perhaps not in person but in our prayers!)
xxoo
C + C

Loretta Fontaine (EcoHappy Blog) said...

Patricia- Consistency for me is posting three times a week on my blog. On Mondays I skim over my blog ideas notebook and plot out the week. I am thinking of some series, so I might aim for four times a week, soon!

It is hard to keep up the motivation, but doing this every week keeps me writing... and I just reached 200 posts!

Come over and visit my blog - I'm hosting a Valentine's giveaway! APPLESandRUBIES Chocolate and Jewelry GIVEAWAY

Lisa Borgnes Giramonti said...

I love the second half of the quote too:

"We are what we repeatedly do.
Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit."

I made my 11 year old son memorize this a few months ago. He was moaning about how he wished he was better at basketball...and Aristotle came to the rescue!

xxx