Thursday, November 17, 2011

kinfolk gatherings


 In one week, we shall be gathering to our tables to share Thanksgiving.  Be inspired by these kinfolk to come to the table.  Click over here to be inspired by kinfolk.
What sort of gathering will you be hosting or going to?
Care to share what your aesthetic will be?


Manifesto
Kinfolk is a growing community of artists with a shared interest in small gatherings. We recognize that there is something about a table shared by friends, not just a wedding or once-a-year holiday extravaganza, that anchors our relationships and energizes us. We have come together to create Kinfolk as our collaborative way of advocating the natural approach to entertaining that we love.
Every element of Kinfolk – the features, photography, and general aesthetics – are consistent with the way we feel entertaining should be: simple, uncomplicated, and less contrived. Kinfolk is the marriage of our appreciation for art and design and our love for spending time with family and friends.

13 comments:

miss b said...

I've just stumbled across your blog and kept scrolling down looking through your lovely posts! I love your artwork too - so very stylish.

http://missbbobochic.blogspot.com/!

Chic Coles said...

What a beautiful magazine it is just stunning. Thank you so much for sharing.

Formerly known as Frau said...

We are traveling to NJ to be with my 3 sisters and their families it will be lots of people.....probably pretty crazy! I can't wait! Have a wonderful celebration especially having your boys home.

Joyce said...

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact Thanksgiving is next week. Your day will be double bless having the boys home and preparing your feast for your family in your new kitchen. When do the boys come home? xo

Kwana said...

I'll be doing my usual at my Nana's and I'm so grateful to have her and our family gathering.

TSL said...

Huge, noisey, and delightful gathering of half million people planned, so serious! Love this post, love you! Enjoy!

Jennifer C. Webb said...

brilliant, what a great find. Kinfolk site warms my heart

simply seleta said...

What a creative magazine! Love the table shot : )

We'll be celebrating our youngest's 6th birthday on a special roadtrip then joining Georgia family for a warm Thanksgiving dinner.

The Buzz Blog said...

I've just looked at the site and find it so lovely and soothing - thank you for the introduction! Our gathering of kin is more like a small village with 27 of us... thankfully, I don't have to cook!
xxoo

Unknown said...

You found a true treasure. There is nothing sweeter then to come together around a simple table to share food, conversation and friendship.
We enjoy Thanksgiving, a wonderful tradition, which we foreigners made our own by now as well!
What a nice word: Kinfolk!
We will have it quiet this year, but nevertheless filled with grateful thoughts!

Oliveaux said...

How wonderful...Lots of fun I'm sure planning Thanksgiving dinner! It is always lovely to have the family together...Ax

Unknown said...

I can't wait to be at my brother's home. His wife is the sister I never had. His two boys are just a bit older than mine. Our mom and dad will be there, too.

And, I'm going to bookend my turkey day with a little Tex-Mex!!

xo E

Jennifer C. Webb said...

I want to live in the Kinfolk website, thankful to have found them through your post

Happy Thanksgiving

http://www.jcwebbstudios.com/2011/11/kinfolk.html