Friday, November 04, 2011

carefree


 Some of my best work happens to be loose.  I did this one day on a carefree summer day for a childhood friend's Mother.  Her Mother happened to have fallen and gone to the hospital so she thought this would provide a nice home-coming welcome for her.
Upon feeling that I have arrived at a finished interpretation, the artwork is matted and sent.  I always feel much more relaxed at this point but I know that I work with a certain anxiety to please.  Is it me, or does it seem that when we have a playful attitude that our work is all the more satisfying.  Wishing each of you a carefree moment this weekend.

14 comments:

My Notting Hill said...

I think that carefree quality is what gives your work movement and life - it never feels static. Hope you have a great weekend too.

Belle on Heels said...

lovely!

alif said...

This art is beautiful, and inspiring. It is clean and cool, and reminds me of a beautiful spring day.

annechovie said...

Your style is always captivating, PVE. I love this and am sure the recipient was beyond delighted with it! Have a lovely weekend. xo

the gardener's cottage said...

you are so sweet patricia. there really isn't anyone like you in blogland. you are so talented and down-to-earth. i'm wishing for some carefree moments this weekend too.

Formerly known as Frau said...

Beautiful...
Have a wonderful weekend!

Joyce said...

I'm feeling pretty carefree as we drive on the roads of Kentucky. Thinking of you too! :) beautiful piece!!

Deanna @ TheChangingHouse said...

You are so talented! Great work! I feel so relaxed looking at your "carefree" piece. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Well said, Patricia! When we are loose and relaxed, things don't seem forced. Of course, your work always seems loose and relaxed to me! You just have an amazing gift!!!

Have a carefree weekend!
xoxo Elizabeth

TSL said...

Loose is the best! LOVE!

Unknown said...

Something about thinking it doesn't count produces the best work. I know I love my work more when I'm not "trying."

Kwana said...

Thanks and I always love your loose work. This remains me of my lovely house sketch.

Emily said...

That's what makes you, you! You must be free to create.

boredkitty said...

I really like your work, can I have it? lol