Sunday, December 12, 2010

joy

Josef Albers
Joy is many things.
Ellsworth Kelly
Have you had time to find joy?
Is it color, the lights, or the holiday decorations?
For me, I find joy in ART!
Ellsworth, you and your work have always made me merry and bright.
Fresh, modern, a bit loopy, but I love the curves.
My children say, Mom, I can paint that.
But I tell them, that they did not.
But, they could.
Maybe it is the squareness of it all.
I imagine boxes wrapped and stacked.
Hope your week is chock full of JOY!

7 comments:

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Oh, I find joy in color and in nature! Merry Christmas!

kayce hughes said...

beautiful art!

TSL said...

I find joy in children, great art and good music. My husband finds joy in cooking. I bet there is a lot of joy in your home.

Unknown said...

PVE,

I find joy in being grateful every day.

Bette

Unknown said...

Oh JOY indeed! Josef Albers is one of my favorite modernists.
I agree, it's the doing, not the I could do....

A joyful week to you too!

xoxo V.

Purple Flowers said...

I love the peacefulness that comes with the season...when our busy hands and minds stop and acknowledge the joy.

Hill House Ramblings said...

I'm with you Patricia. I can't imagine life without art! That first image by Josef Albers is so wonderful.

H.H.