Saturday, October 16, 2010

winner



pve design artowork - a commission of "Dewey" for private client
I was honored to illustrate this lovely horse last year.
Growing up in Kentucky and living nearby Rock Creek Riding Stables, I always loved visiting the stables, admiring the riders and the horse shows. I enjoyed going to Churchill Down's too.
Horses are such amazing animals. Many artists are inspired by their beauty.
My dear and talented friend Elizabeth Belliveau has created some incredible works of art for winning horses. Does your horse need a winning tribute?
With an image of your choice...
housed within a custom round
quilted suede and embroidery
panel frame 26 3/4 x 26 3/4
black clay gold carvings, graphite panels
adorned with fly whips and decorative metal
elements.
I love the hardware and the elegant silk & suede used in these stunning pieces. Can you see them hanging in a library or a Riding Club? Perhaps every young rider or equestrian would dream of having their winning horse hanging in their very own room.
We saw "Secretatariat" last night and loved it. Have you seen the movie? All I want to draw now are horses, strong women and men wearing funny hats. Does your thoroughbred need a special work of art or did that movie make you want to own a winning thoroughbred?

18 comments:

JMW said...

Rock Creek! My daugher practice's soccer right across the street in the park. Small world. Glad to hear you liked Secretariat - I hope to go see that film soon. Love the horse illustration. And that one with the quilted matting is beautiful.

Shorely Chic said...

Looking forward to Secretariat! The beauty of horses in art really got me at an exhibit of Roberto Dutesco - Wild Horses of Sable Island, have you seen those photographs? Magnificent, here is the link to his website:
http://www.dutescoart.com/exhibits/sablehorses/index.html

Unknown said...

Both the subject and artist are winners! Well done.
BarbaraG

TSL said...

LOVE! It is wonderful!

Megan Taylor said...

I wasn't sure about that movie but now I see you've blogged about it - which heightens my interest a lot! At the end of the day, there's nothing better than a movie about horse racing! All the suspense...thanks for the blog, and all the beautiful images, xo

Dovecote Decor said...

I remember watching the big 27 length freak show win in 1973 with the 9 members of our family packed into our tiny sun room. We were all screaming and grabbing each other, knowing we were witnessing history. With that said, knowing the outcome and the legendary Penny Tweedy, did not take a millisecond of emotion from the movie. I had tears running down my face the entire time. My father really admired PT and I do too! Secretariat won because of his breeding, yes, but the love that was poured into that horse, gave him heart. Its the best.
xoxo
Liz

Unknown said...

I am looking forward seeing this movie with my daughter!
I adore horses. And of course your amazing illustration.
Have a lovely weekend my friend!
Miss you!
V.

Chedva @Rooms and Words said...

Amazing. I'm so drawn to equestrian art. Can't wait to see the movie.

Lisa Holtzman said...

Fabulous horse illustration! I once did an illustration for a race horse genealogy and they are tough to draw. You did a beautiful job!

designchic said...

Your commission of "Dewey" is fabulous! We went to see Secretariat last night and LOVED it! Doesn't Penny Tweedy make you feel as though you can conquer the world...what an inspiration ~

Susan McClaskey said...

Your illustrationof Dewel is a winner.
Susan

quintessence said...

Love your illustration of Dewey and Elizabeth's pieces are just amazing - makes me with I had a rider. Can't wait to see Secretariat - I know it's going to be one of those uplifting feel good films.

Unknown said...

From the moment I saw your post, I was thinking, "Secretariat"! I haven't seen it yet, but it's on my radar. And...funny enough, I've been posting things with horses lately.

jacjewelry said...

Gorgeous illustration. Horses are such elegant and amazingly beautiful creatures! Glad you liked the movie - I have been wanting to see it!

Tonia Lee Smith said...

I heard that the Secretariat was a pretty good movie..I might have to go ahead a check it out.

Carrie Waller Watercolors said...

Beautiful illustration. Such amazing art.

Gretchen O. said...

I grew up in a horse town too! No wonder we get along:) Your horse illustrations are beautiful, and the others that you have shown as well. Since starting to ride again, horses have totally been on my brain...and I must see that movie...I love all horse movies.

--Gretchen O.

Elisa said...

ahhh I love horses! I haven't see that movie nor heard of it so off to read about it.