Monday, March 29, 2010
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Saturday, March 27, 2010
I love the light counters with a bit of sheen. The island will be used as a breakfast bar of sorts since we all seem to be on different shifts. I will also use it as a spot to serve from.
Although I do love the look, no to wood floors. I want something easy to wash, porcelain tile in a modern neutral. I have seen some awesome tile with subtle textures.
Love a bit of lucite, white and some soft color. I cannot wait til the fun begins. Even though I know there shall be dust and lots of take-out during the construction, I am excited to be in the
Friday, March 26, 2010
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
I know that many of you have given up sugar for lent, so as a reward, today I am having a giveaway of a very special book, "Little Cakes" which is from the whimsical bakehouse.
How sweet are these little cakes for Spring, for a birthday, a special class or just because joy can be found in little things. After all, it is the little things that bring us happiness. What little things make your life sweeter?
Monday, March 22, 2010
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Friday, March 19, 2010
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
I've got the power restored here. (Cable, internet and phone are back!)
Saturday, March 13, 2010
Rene Descartes -1596-1650 (French Philosopher and Mathmetician) -He writes:"Considering that this bow appears not only in the sky, but also in the air near us, whenever there are drops of water illuminated by the sun, as we can see in certain fountains, I readily decided that it arose only from the way in which the rays of light act on these drops and pass from them to our eyes. Further, knowing that the drops are round, as has been formerly proved, and seeing that whether they are larger or smaller, the appearance of the bow is not changed in any way, I had the idea of making a very large one, so that I could examine it better.
This weekend, lots of rain is forecasted and I was reminded by a dear friend that we must remember to look for the rainbows. My friend recently lost a close friend tragically and I think his reminder is in part, that he himself is trying to look for the rainbow. I was touched by his words. Thank-you Michael for your gentle and kind words.
Do you look for and follow rainbows?
Friday, March 12, 2010
A framed work of art, perched on display on a buffet adds personality and flair when entertaining.
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Tuesday, March 09, 2010
My Father told me that having children was one of life's greatest rewards. He told me that it is essential that you pay close attention to their minds and to find promise within each being. Fathers give good sound advice. Fast forward to yesterday, my son came home wanting to know if I had ever read any of "Jack Kerouac's " books. He had me, in a nano-second, I was full of intrigue. I asked him to read to me, so he did. The words felt like soft air on my neck.
- Scribbled secret notebooks, and wild typewritten pages, for your own joy
- Submissive to everything, open, listening
- Try never get drunk outside your own house
- Be in love with your life
- Something that you feel will find its own form
- Be crazy dumbsaint of the mind
- Blow as deep as you want to blow
- Write what you want bottomless from bottom of the mind
- The unspeakable visions of the individual
- No time for poetry but exactly what is
- Visionary tics shivering in the chest
- In tranced fixation dreaming upon object before you
- Remove literary, grammatical and syntactical inhibition
- Like Proust be an old teahead of time
- Telling the true story of the world in interior monolog
- The jewel center of interest is the eye within the eye
- Write in recollection and amazement for yourself
- Work from pithy middle eye out, swimming in language sea
- Accept loss forever
- Believe in the holy contour of life
- Struggle to sketch the flow that already exists intact in mind
- Don't think of words when you stop but to see picture better
- Keep track of every day the date emblazoned in yr morning
- No fear or shame in the dignity of yr experience, language & knowledge
- Write for the world to read and see yr exact pictures of it
- Bookmovie is the movie in words, the visual American form
- In praise of Character in the Bleak inhuman Loneliness
- Composing wild, undisciplined, pure, coming in from under, crazier the better
- You're a Genius all the time
- Writer-Director of Earthly movies Sponsored & Angeled in Heaven